Pamphlets and Ephemera, 1847-1995
Collection NumberRG 28
Scope and ContentRecord Group 28 houses miscellaneous pamphlets and ephemera concerning various topics dealing with Arlington County or nearby communities. Many of the materials are rare and/or limited editions in original form. The pamphlets and ephemera collection dates from the 1830s through the present, but the bulk of the materials date from 1940 to 2016. The collection is a valuable resource for patrons interested in finding historical information on local organizations, landmarks, buildings and events.
Additional materials are periodically added to the collection as they are donated. Series 1 contains materials published by Arlington County Government departments and commissions. Series 2 holds materials from Arlington-bases people, businesses, and organizations. Series 3 covers non-Arlington subjects; these subjects are concerned with other parts of Virginia or, to a lesser extent, neighboring states.
The collection currently measures approximately 2.75 linear feet and features pamphlets, broadsides, advertisements, circulars, short publications, menus, programs, invitations, and postcards.
Arrangement and DescriptionThese materials are arranged into three series, Arlington County - Government, Arlington County – General, and Non Arlington. Within each series, files are arranged by subject or name in alphabetical order. This record group is active and will continue to grow as additional materials are accessioned by the Center for Local History. An (OV) designation at the end of a file description indicates its location in an oversize box.
ProvenanceThis record group is the result of numerous one or two item donations accumulated by the Center for Local History over a number of years. The various materials were compiled into a record group by Center staff.
RestrictionsThere are no research restrictions on this record group. Patrons are requested to handle fragile items with care.