The Little Tea House, 1921-1925
Collection NumberPG 215
HistoryThe Little Tea House Restaurant was established in 1920 and closed 1963 when it was demolished to make room for a high-rise apartment building. During its heyday, many famous people ate at the restaurant including Eleanor Roosevelt, Amelia Earhart, and Oliver Wendell Holmes. The property, which was adjacent to both Prospect Hill and the remnants of Fort Albany included a restaurant, home, cottage, tower and wellhouse. Many of the images are annotated.
Scope and ContentPG 215 contains approximately forty black and white images of the Little Tea House, dating from 1921 to 1925. These images are printed on postcard stock, and are of the restaurant’s interior dining areas, restaurant exterior, and the exterior of the outbuildings. Also included is an undated restaurant menu.
Arrangement and DescriptionThe original order of the images was maintained during processing. The images appear to have been arranged by subject of the images, although File 5 is a more general file.
ProvenanceThe source of this collection is unknown.
RestrictionsThere are no restrictions on the usage of this collection.