Dawson-Bailey House, front, alternate view, 1997
Part ofPG 250: Arlington's Changing Scene, 1997-2019 ; PG 250: Arlington's Changing Scene, 1997-2019 » Series 1: Neighborhood Exhibit, Library, 1997 » File 1
Dawson-Bailey House, front, alternate view. 2133 N. Taft Street. This Federal-style, two-story, stone, gable-roofed dwelling was once part of the Dawson Farm. In 1859, Thomas B. Dawson purchased the house and the adjoining 85 acres. During the Civil War the farm was occupied by Union troops, and Mrs. Dawson reportedly nursed several wounded soldiers in the house. The house remained in the family until 1955 when it was purchased by the County. It is now operated as a recreation center.1 photograph : b&w negative ; 35 mm. This image is subject to copyright. Unauthorized use of the images in the Local History Photograph Collections of the Arlington Community Archives is prohibited.