Gray House, 1997
Part ofPG 250: Arlington's Changing Scene, 1997-2019 ; PG 250: Arlington's Changing Scene, 1997-2019 » Series 1: Neighborhood Exhibit, Library, 1997 » File 1
Gray House. 1005 S. Quinn Street. The Gray House was originally on Columbia Pike before other houses were built between it and the Pike. Harry W. Gray, a former slave who was reared and educated at Arlington House (the home of Robert E. Lee) built the house for his family about 1881. A skilled mason, he modeled his house after detached brick row houses in Washington. It was the first such house in Arlington.1 photograph : b&w negative ; 35 mm. This image is subject to copyright. Unauthorized use of the images in the Local History Photograph Collections of the Arlington Community Archives is prohibited.